Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hat - Finished


Yesterday afternoon I was accompanied in my studio by my nephew and sister who chatted and gurgled to me while I finished painting the Hat painting. My sister gave me invaluable advice as I got stuck and doubtful at times.

I'm happy that I re-did the chest area. Now it's much more alive and I think I can see the collarbones, see the skin and maybe even feel the sun's warmth.

I don't think I'm going to find another title. "Hat" feels quite unpoetic but at the same time I really like the mystery in the painting. Putting too much into the title might remove that. Perhaps even "Hat" is too restricting... This makes me wonder - when is the deadline for the title of a painting?

There's some closeups on my site.

2 comments:

Patricia van said...

PERFECT & lively. Yes, better than the previous one.

I have thought about you comment of handing over the scrap papers to a client. I'm sure there will be clients who appreciate that.

At the other hand ... sometimes I have the slight idea that NOT everyone wants to see the 'bones of the magic'. I even reduced the number of 'making ofs' on my website.

Jorisch said...

Very nice work Mr Rychter, top-notch :)