Friday, March 25, 2011

Easter exhibition at Österlen



A few years ago I had the opportunity through my regular job to help Kenneth Brocknäs by creating a website for his fund raising venture of travelling in-lines round Skåne. The amazing effort in memory of his daughter helped raise funds for The Swedish Childhood Cancer Foundation (Barncancerfonden)

The foundation has many facilities in Sweden of which Möllegården is one. With the kind help of Kenneth and his family and the foundation, I have now the opportunity to exhibit there over Easter.

Easter in the very south of Sweden is also traditionally a time where artists have open studios and exhibit in official (and unofficial) galleries, shops, barns, and even windmills. The distances between exhibitions means that most visitors travel by car across the springtime open landscape, combining the gallery visits with general springtime sightseeing.

There are official lists, maps and programs for different areas during the period but my exhibition is one of many which are not official in any way, but these spontaneous exhibitions add to the charm I think.

When:
My exhibition will be open from the 22nd to the 25th of April, from early in the morning to late in the evening.

Where:
It's a bit tricky to find but there will be signposts directing interested visitors.
There's plenty of space to park at the windmill - so you don't need to park on the road (thereby not getting in the way of the wide farm traffic)
The official adress is Hagestad Mölleväg, Ystad, Sweden. Here's a link on google maps
The GPS coordinates are (WGS84) Lat: N 55º 24' 54.57" Long: E 14º 9' 23.90" (RT90) X= 6144054 Y= 1395594
The easiest way is probably to get to Ystad or Simrishamn first, then head to Sandhammaren on the coast road until you get to a crossroads, where the signposts point to Hagestad and Sandhammaren. Take the road to Hagestad and after about 3 kilometers turn in to the right, where you'll see the windmill (without sails!) Hopefully my signs will be there to point the way.

Who:
I will of course be there, along with my wife when she can. Everyone is invited! It's a completely open exhibition.

What:
I'll be exhibiting most of my works which are for sale. Some prints will be available to purchase directly and others will be available for ordering.
A part of the income from all sales will be donated to The Swedish Childhood Cancer Foundation. I will present the official figures after the end of the exhibition.
We'll have coffee too!

Why:
I believe this is a good way to get some exposure for my paintings in one of the most art-interested intensive periods of the Swedish year and I hope that The Swedish Childhood Cancer Foundation gets more exposure and of course a donation.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

P.s. I've made a notice about the exhibition and I would really appreciate it greatly if you took the time and energy to print it out and put it up at anywhere you think interested people would see it. Click here to see the notice.


No comments: